Floor leveling may be quite challenging and that is the case when I recommend using something that will guide you. So, what is the best tile leveling system available today?
You should understand the importance of such systems, since they will help you make a perfectly flat surface. It is extremely important since it determines how comfortable a house will be in future. I have studied many tile leveling system reviews and I would like to share my knowledge with you to help you find the best option for you. There are many details need to keep in mind while choosing the tile levelers. The main reason why you should consider buying a good and precise tile leveling system is that it solves three main problems:
- It makes the floor surface flat;
- It speeds up the whole process, since you do not need to use any special accessories or walk around to see if the tiles are perfectly aligned;
- It helps to line everything perfectly, so that the final tiling will look perfect.
Of course, tiling is always tricky, since you need to do everything correctly and you may not have a chance to correct anything afterward, since concrete dries and you will not be able to move tiles. That is why you need to do everything correctly from the beginning. In this case, you need a precise tiling system that is easy to use. This tile leveling spacers review will help everyone who needs a perfect tiling system.
The best tile leveling system to buy in 2021
Raimondi Leveling System Starter Kit
Raimondi is a well-known company that offers different products and their product- Raimondi, Leveling System Starter Kit – 100pcs wedges in a bucket, 100 Regular tile leveling clips and floor plier is an excellent option for everyone. You do not need to buy any additional tools or anything like that. The clips and wedges are precise and easy to use, but what is more important – they do what they are meant to do – the level the tiles to create a flat surface.
- Pliers. You do not need to use and additional tools to put the clips and wedges. The kit already includes everything you need.
- Every piece is made regarding high precision requirements. The tiles will be aligned and leveled perfectly.
- Easy installation.
- Can be removed fast without leaving any marks or damaging tiles.
- 100 clips and wedges might be not enough for you. Especially if the surface is quite large.
- Some people claim the pieces are easy to break.
Peygran Leveling System Kit
Preygan offers three different 400 Clips+200 Wedges + Pliers floor tile leveling system kits, the difference between those kits is the size of clips. The company offers standard 1/8’’ (3 mm), 1/16’’ (2 mm) and 1/32’’ (1 mm) clips. The kit includes a plier as well, which means you do not need any additional tools and you can start leveling tiles immediately. Virtually no lippage at all throughout the whole installation. Follow the directions and tap each tile with a mallet after cinching down the wedges into the clips.
- Available in different sizes: 1/8’’ (3 mm), 1/16’’ (2 mm) and 1/32’’ (1 mm).
- A plier included. You do not need to buy any tools and can start using this product immediately.
- The wedges are black, which means you will notice them on bright tiles.
- Easy to install and remove.
- Excludes any movement of tiles.
- Black wedges are difficult to notice on black or dark tiles.
Perfect Level Master T-Lock Tile Leveling System
Perfect Level Master also offers three different kits, which differ in sizes. T-lock kit is available in 1/8’’ (3 mm), 1/16’’ (2 mm) and 1/32’’ (1 mm) sizes. This is the best product for holding large format tiles in place. Perfect Level Master did quite well in not only holding the tiles in place against the wall and flooring but also spaced them apart evenly as well. The only downside about this product is that if you get too much thinset around the sides of the plastic and in between, it will be difficult to knock these off with a hammer or even kicking them off from your foot many contractors usually do. The clips do a great job of locking them in place and they’re very secure once you set them in.
- Available in different sizes.
- 300 spacers.
- 100 tile leveling wedges.
- No tools are needed to assemble the system.
- Easy to install and remove.
- The dark-red colored wedges are easy to notice on both bright and dark tiles.
- A plier is not included. There is nothing difficult about assembling the system, but still, a plier may be needed in some cases.
Pearl TLSCAP200 Leveling System Caps
Pearl offers great reusable caps, which means you can use every cap dozens of times, without losing any leveling precision. Every piece is manufactured regarding industrial standards. What is more important for you as a user – you will get perfectly aligned and leveled tiles. This floor leveling system will be a perfect option for people who do professional tiling, since you can use the caps repeatedly, which saves your money.
- 200 reusable caps. You can use the caps repeatedly to level tiles. Therefore, you can save some money.
- The caps are manufactured respecting modern industrial standards. The product passed the TCNA Robinson test of compression.
- Easy to install and remove. No matter how skilled you are.
- Prevents tiles from movement.
- Recommended for tiles 12’’ or lager.
- Grout joint: 1/16’’ (strap) and up to 1/2’’ (using spacers).
- 200 caps may be not enough to cover a large area.
- The product is quite expensive.
How To Use Tile Leveling Systems
Modern leveling systems consist of two pieces – a clip and a wedge. The clip is designed in the form of the letter “T”. The horizontal plane should be under the tile. It is important to mention that the clip is located between two adjacent tiles. Then we insert a wedge in the clip to make sure it pushes two tiles down. Therefore, two tiles are located on the same level. The clips also make adjacent tiles located evenly, since clips are located between two tiles.
The skewed side of a wedge has “ribs” which assures locking of the piece so it does not move and as a result, tiles do not move. Therefore, we get a perfectly flat surface. The whole leveling system pushes tiles from above (via wedges) to make sure there are no level differences.
Reusable caps from Pearl are a bit different, since they have a strap and a cap instead of a clip and a wedge. A strap performs the same function as a clip does. It has a horizontal plane that should be under two adjacent tiles. A cap is put on a strap and it “pushes” tiles from above. In any case, modern self leveling tile spacers do what they should – create a perfectly flat surface.
Why the leveling system is so important
A perfect flat surface not only looks great but it is also safe, since you will not stumble over a tile. Moreover, poor leveling may result in uneven load distribution, which leads to bigger problems (like wearing or destruction of certain parts). Modern leveling systems made the whole process a lot easier. You can easily install the system and remove it in future, getting a perfect flat surface. I have studied many tile leveling system reviews and found the systems that seem to me to be the best available offers. Hope our guide help you to choose the best tile leveling system.